Sunday, January 24, 2010

Welcome to Studio Sunday 16: Copic Tutorial



Hi everyone! Jen here.... I'm manning this week's Studio Sunday and for my tutorial I'm going to do a couple of Copic demonstrations. I'm posting four different tutorials: skin, hair, jeans and the peasant top. I ended up with a whopping 48 steps after coloring this image so I sorted them all into four slide shows. For best viewing stop the slide show and advance it manually.

I'm starting off with Hippie Chic, I really love this digi. She may be my all time favorite, lol.



Here is a short tutorial on Caucasian skin though this really applies to all skin tones, just using different colors. (I recommend stopping the slide show and click through the images using the arrows.) For Caucasian skin I use Eoo, E02, E04 (lips) and R20.



Next up is her hair. For this tutorial I'm going to make her a blond but really most of this applies to all hair colors. For blond hair I like to use Y21, E31 and Y26.



Now on to the jeans. For jeans I like to use B21, B32 and B23.



And lastly her soft pink shirt, I used RV10, RV21 and RV11.



I hope you found these helpful! If you have any questions you can drop me a line here or at my blog http://deconstructingjen.com. I'll be posting the card I made using this image later today!

Now onto the goodies. If you try out one or all of these on ANY Sassy Studio Designs image and post your project and link back here you will receive a FREE Dollar Deal image from Lindsay! How cool is that?!?

Thanks for playing along!! :D Happy Sunday! :D

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab tutorial Jen...love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, now that is awesome! Not how I have been doing it all...I am so going to try this "your" way! :O)

    Hugs,
    Lelia

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lelia, I think I do it backwards to what they teach at Copic certification but I just sort of winged it from the beginning until I settled on this method. I don't think there is any wrong way... just have to find what fits you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jen! I have so many Copics and just need help learning to use them! I love the look you achieved on your coloring! I guess I have to just keep practicing!!

    Thanks again for sharing!

    :) Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial Jen! What colors would you use for red/auburn hair? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Gail, I'd use Y32, Y35, Y38, YR18 and E08 for red hair. It's more than I use for other colors but red has so many facets to it that it takes more I think. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen...your coloring is just Dreamy...Loved seeing your process!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen, these are superb! Thanks so much for taking the time to put all this together. I can't wait to try my hand it!

    Cheers
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the awesome tutorials...I have been trying to play with my copics and have attached a pic...it is slow going but they say practice, practice, practice.

    ReplyDelete